A preliminary test for my students in a corporate company:
- Answer the following questions:
What do you do?
What can you tell us about yourself?
Can you describe yourself in three sentences?
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
What is the easiest way of learning a language?
What questions would you like to ask your English teacher?
What did you do on your last business trip?
What is your favorite type of transport? Why?
How long have you been studying English?
What do you enjoy most about learning English?
What other foreign languages would you like to study and why?
In what ways do you hope to use your English in the future?
Looking back in your life, what has been a memorable event for you?
What advice would you give to someone coming to visit your country?
How would characterize yourself (in terms of achievements and skills)?
Give an example of an ability that you have developed in time.
What can you tell us about your interests and free time activities (past times)?
– Enlarge upon your special skills, or the ones that you consider special.
Can you take me through your day yesterday and explain what you worked on?
If resources weren’t an issue, what would be your dream project to work on?
Can you tell me about a moment when you thought, ‘Wow, this is a total [company] experience?’‘
What was a recent challenge your team faced, and how you solved it.
What do you look forward at the end of the day?
- Make a presentation of a product that you usually purchase (perfume, mascara, clothing…). Point out main features, target customers, special editions…
- Start a conversation with someone you have just met (small talk).
- You intend to start a courier company. Think about a strategy to become profitable and successful.
- If your company were a person, how would you describe him/her?
- Write an email to your colleagues informing them about the visit of some foreign managers.
- Write an email to an important foreign partner (briefly) informing him upon the changes in your activity with a view to the increase of the minimum wage.
A: What is important when…?
Writing a newspaper advertisement for a job vacancy
– Description of the work
– Experience needed by applicants
B: What is important when…?
Selecting employees for further training
– Commitment to company
– Previous training
C: What is important when…?
Planning corporate hospitality
– Guest list
– Type of event
View more tests on our page: www.cursinengleza.ro/engleza-examene.
We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line and we will tailor the perfect Business & Finance English course for you!
- Call: 0040722841053
We inspire a fresh START and a new perspective in business ENGLISH communication.